Friday, June 10, 2011

Entryway light fixture

Pin It
Oh my, I like it, my husband doesn't!
It cost me absolutely nothing, so... it stays.


I haven't decided thou if it should stay black or make it a chic white.
I am planning on redoing the entryway someday and I'll choose then.
And as far as the paint on the light fixture goes, I'm not to worried about it right now.
That too will be repainted when I paint the light fixture.

This is what I did:


I removed the old dome light fixture.


Then I took the two iron plant baskets that I found curbside. Took the chains off and then cut the three rings that the chains clipped onto off with bolt cutters. Attached both baskets with zip ties (of course).



I then cut one on the chains into three small pieces and used them to hang the light fixture. I didn't even have to remove the light bulb. It slid right through the hole.
It took me less than 5 minutes to complete. I ended up staring at it all twinkle eyed longer than the time it took to make.


 Before
After
Total Cost: FREEEEEEEEEE!

I linked up with:


Furniture Feature Fridays



Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special


UndertheTableandDreaming






http://www.thethriftyhome.com


”Organize

6 comments:

  1. I love how it turned out! So creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea! I think it turned out great! (I especially love the FREE part.) I am highlighting this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on now! How can your husband not think it looks way better than the plain jane fixture you started with? Men, what do they know anyway?!

    ReplyDelete